The Checkout report action lists the files checked out in the repository. The action can also automatically fail if any files are checked out.
Checkout Report Options
There are five report types:
1. All checked out files in all repositories in the specified branch and baseline
2. All checked out files in the specified repository and branch
3. All checked out files in all repositories and branches in the specified baseline
4. All checked out files in the specified repository across all branches
5. All checked out files
Depending on which report type is chosen, the Branch, Repository, Baseline and Recursive options will be enabled/disabled to allow you to fill in the correct fields.
To further filter the results by user, enter one or more user names separated by a comma.
There are four possible modes when this action runs:
1. Output Report to FinalBuilder log
2. Output Report to file
Both these options allow you to specify which fields to output, eg. User, DateTime, Version etc. and also if the report should be formatted using spaces or in HTML.
3. Manual processing of checkouts using script event (OnFilenameCheckoutReport)
4. Automatically fail action if any files are checked out.
Option 3 allows the user to write script to process each checkout. The processing occurs in the OnFilenameCheckoutReport script event.
The above screen pic shows a very simple script which is executed for each file checked out. The parameters are as follows:
Action - the action object.
Baseline - the name of the baseline where the checked out file is located
Branch - the name of the branch where the checked out file is located
Filename - the filename which is checked out
Username - the user who has the file checked out
DateTime - the date/time when the file was checked out
Location - the location of the checked out file
Version - the version of the file
Exclusive - specifies if the file is exclusively checked out
Comments - checked out comments of the file
ContinueBuild - out parameter, set this to False if you want to fail the action.